Established by the government of British Columbia in 1981, Kwantlen, now Kwantlen Polytechnic University, has five campuses located in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia. KPU offers bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates and citations in more than 120 programs. Almost 20,000 students annually attend courses at KPU campuses in Surrey, Richmond, Langley, Cloverdale, and Civic Plaza. Kwantlen Polytechnic University currently offers a range of credentials, many of which are completely unique, to successfully meet the evolving needs of regional and global employment markets. Students have the opportunity to bridge certificate and diploma credentials into bachelor's degrees, creating the option of academic and professional enhancement of applied and technical programs.
Why Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- KPU is Canada's only polytechnic university. We focus on hands-on skills, in addition to traditional academics.
- Your education will go beyond books, with experiential learning opportunities like group projects, presentations, guest speakers, and more.
- Many of our programs include work experience terms, practicums, or cooperative education options.
- International learning opportunities all over the world through field schools, exchanges, study abroad opportunities, and more.
- We work closely with industry partners and organizations to ensure our graduates are well prepared to enter the workforce.
- KPU School of Business is the second largest school at Western Canada's. More than 90% of our graduates find a job related to the skills they've learned within just 6 months after graduation date.
- Our Brewing school offers the only brewing diploma of its kind in BC and the first brewing program in Canada to be recognized by the Master Brewers Association. It was named the best in North America at the U.S. Open College Beer Championship in 2019.
- Wilson School of Design was named the best overall in Canada by the Best Fashion Schools in the World report by Business of Fashion magazine.
Type: Public, University
Total Students: 20000+